Top 8 Interesting facts about IPL
The unknown facts about the Indian Premier League, which is IPL, is the biggest cricket league in the world.
1. Here is the most interesting facts about IPL Back in the initial days, IPL could have been a one-day tournament, which is an ODI tournament. Yes, you heard that right. The main man behind IPL, Lalit Modi initially pitched an idea of a 50 over format tournament back in 1995 to the BCCI, which is the Board of Control for Cricket in India, but it was rejected by BCCI. It was only when ICL was launched by Zee in 2007, BCCI decided to start its very own T-20 League.
2. In 2018 star sports won the broadcasting rights for IPL for a tenure of five years for a huge sum of 16,347.5 crore Indian rupees. That is 3269.5 crore Indian rupees per year. This means that every delivery in IPL will cost 24 Lakh rupees, Given that every season 56 matches are played and in every match played between the sides, there are 20 overplayed by each side. That is 40 over in total per match. So this data alone tells us why this League is the richest cricket league in the world and one of the richest League in the world.
Also Read :
3. Facts about IPL AB de Villiers, also known as Mr. 360, has won the most number Man of the Match award. This RCB star has won the 23 Man of the Match award. That is a huge number and a record that is still to be broken.
4. Who do you think is the youngest player to play in IPL? If you are thinking it’s…. Mujeeb Ur Rahman, I guess you are a bit wrong. The youngest guy to make an IPL debut is an Indian prayer named Prayas Ray Barman. This guy represented RCB while playing against Sunrisers Hyderabad on 31st March 2018 while being just 16 years and 157 days old.
5. Considering an all-time record, Harbhajan Singh is the spinner to bowl the most number of dot balls in IPL, followed by Ravichandran Ashwin. Harbhajan Singh holds the record with 1249 dot deliveries. facts about IPL Among fast bowlers, Bhuvneshwar Kumar holds the record for the most number of dot balls, Bowled with a total of 1164 dot balls.
6. In 119 matches played, Praveen Kumar holds the record for the most number of maiden overs bowled. Praveen Kumar bowled 14 maiden overs in his IPL career. Also, one interesting fact is that Praveen Kumar has not played IPL since 2017 and this record is still not broken. The person closest to this record is Irfan Pathan, and even Irfan Patan has not played IPL since 2017.
7. Among Indian players, KL Rahul holds the record for the highest individual IPL score. In 2020, playing against RCB KL Rahul scored 132 runs off just 69 balls. Before 2020. This record was held by young Rishabh Pant when he scored 128 of just 63 balls against SRH in 2018.
8. In the Top 8 Interesting facts about IPL the Eight facts about IPL are – Whenever we talk about such big tournaments like IPL, the winning streak is one very important thing to check the team’s condition. The team with the longest winning streak in IPL is KKR, which is called Kolkata Knight Riders, which in IPL 2014 won 9 consecutive games with them winning the April 2014 final. And this was continued for another match in IPL 2015. In total, the team has won 10 consecutive wins in IPL, a record that is yet to be broken. So these were some of the unheard facts about the IPL.
That is a Top 8 Interesting facts about IPL